Powered By BroadSoft Program Privacy Statement
BroadSoft, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively “BroadSoft” or “we”) are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on our websites and in using our products and services (“Solution” or “Solutions”).
This Privacy Statement applies to the personal data collected as part of the Powered by BroadSoft program and describes how we handle personal data and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your personal data. Powered by BroadSoft is a channel partner program that supports our BroadSoft customer’s educational and marketing efforts.
Additional information on our personal data practices may be provided in supplemental privacy statements or notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection. Certain BroadSoft websites may have their own privacy statement that describes how we handle personal data for those websites specifically.
There may be additional policies and notices to be aware of, if you are using a BroadSoft Solution provided by a service provider or third party. Please refer to the privacy statement or policy of the entity through which you are obtaining BroadSoft Solutions for more details.
Collection of Your Personal Data
We may collect data, including personal data, about you as you use our websites and Solutions and interact with us. “Personal data” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number. Additional details such as employer or marketing preferences may also be collected.
We collect personal data for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
If you choose to provide BroadSoft with a third party’s personal data (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or contacting email@example.com.
In some instances, BroadSoft and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers for you.
Uses of Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal data include:
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from BroadSoft or from our service provider customers.
BroadSoft does not sell, use or maintain any of your personal data beyond that which is described above.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
- By sending us a message through email. Please be sure to include your name, email address, and specific, relevant information about the material you no longer wish to receive
By using our websites, Solutions, or otherwise providing personal data to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites, by sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Data
We need your help in keeping your personal data accurate and up to date. We provide a number of options to access, correct, or delete your personal data:
- If you are using a BroadSoft Solution provided by a service provider or employer, please contact them in order to exercise your rights to access, correct or delete your personal data.
- Some BroadSoft entities may act as or be considered “data controllers”. When a BroadSoft entity is acting as a data controller, you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections or deactivations under applicable data protection laws directly with that BroadSoft entity.
- If you need additional assistance, or help with accessing, correcting, or deleting your personal data, please feel free to contact us directly via email. We make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, or correct your data. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request, we will provide you with an explanation.
Sharing Your Personal Data
For this program, all collected form data is sent to the service provider and maintained by the service provider according to their privacy policies.
We may share personal data in the following ways:
- Within BroadSoft and any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. The purpose of such disclosure is to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties, in addition to other lawful purposes
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Data
As BroadSoft is a global organization, we may transfer your personal data to BroadSoft in the United States of America, to any BroadSoft subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties and business partners as described above that are located in various countries around the world. By using our websites and Solutions or providing any personal data to us, where applicable law permits, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
BroadSoft safeguards and enables the global transfer of personal data of EU data subjects via the use of EU Model Contract Clauses or other appropriate transfer mechanisms.
Security of Your Personal Data
We intend to protect the personal data entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. BroadSoft implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal data you provide to us.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
For this program, BroadSoft only retains anonymized form data to ensure that our service provider customer has the time to contact their customers or prospects. This anonymized data is deleted within 120 business days.
Like many websites, BroadSoft uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, browser type and operating system.
They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device.
- Clickstream behavior. This includes, for example, the pages you view and the links you click. These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
Cookies and your choices related to cookies
We use the term cookie to refer to all technologies which store and access information on the device that you use to access our Services, such as your computer, tablet or mobile phone. For example, we use HTTP cookies, which are small data files (typically made up of numbers and letters) that are downloaded when you access our Services and allow us to recognize your device. We also use technology like pixel tags and software kits embedded in our apps (more info).
There are different types of cookies, for example:
- Cookies served directly by BroadSoft (“first party cookies”) and cookies served on our behalf, for example by data analytics partners (“third party cookies”)
- Cookies which endure for different periods of time, including those that only last only as long as your browser is open (referred to as “session cookies”) These are deleted automatically once you close your browser.
- Other cookies are “permanent cookies”, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they recognize your device when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
You have many choices with regards to the management of cookies on your computer. All major browsers allow you to block or delete cookies from your system. To learn more about your ability to manage cookies and web beacons, please consult the privacy features in your browser.
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different from blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept cookies. No industry standard currently exists on how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may develop in the future. BroadSoft websites do not currently recognize and respond to “do not track” signals. If we do in the future, we will describe how in this Privacy Statement. Learn more information about “do not track”.
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those websites you visit.
BroadSoft does not sell products or services for purchase or use by children. BroadSoft does not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children or teenagers under the age of eighteen. In addition, BroadSoft will not knowingly link to any third party web site that solicits or collects personal data. If you believe that we may have collected personal data from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please email our privacy team at privacy@BroadSoft.com.
Updates to this BroadSoft Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. You agree to visit these pages periodically to be aware of and review any such revisions. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification. By continuing to use our website or Solutions after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
The BroadSoft Privacy Statement was revised and posted as of May 4, 2018.